When people share a working environment and spend a large amount of time together, it’s inevitable that relationships will occasionally develop beyond the platonic. However, intimate relationships between co-workers can have negative consequences, both for those involved and the rest of the team.
Negative outcomes can include:
- Inappropriate behaviour in the workplace
- Changes to the office dynamic
- Perceived favouritism – especially if there is a difference in hierarchy between the people in the relationship
If the relationship ends (especially if the split isn’t amicable), there can be other problems to contend with:
- Those involved may be unwilling to work together
- Colleagues may take sides
In this webinar, Mike Talbot draws on his extensive experience of managing workplace conflicts to look at how mediation can be used to resolve these issues and get everyone working together again.