Learn how to carry out your mediation cases online, see online mediation in action, and get to participate in this highly interactive half-day conversion course.
This practical conversion course for trained mediators gives the perfect introduction to how to take your interpersonal cases online. The course centres on a heated dispute between two work colleagues and shows you how to apply your mediation skills when the case is conducted online using video conferencing.
The course includes:
- Online Interpersonal Mediation: what it is and what it isn’t
- How the step-by-step model works online
- The role of the online mediator: what’s different?
- Managing the session, the participants, and the outcome
- Managing confidentiality and impartiality in online mediation
At the conclusion of the ½ day, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast using online mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- Understand how to use your essential mediator skills and qualities to work effectively online
- Know the steps and stages of the online mediation process
- Know when and how online mediation would be the best remedy for a dispute
- Appreciate how it feels to be in the online mediator role
- Choosing whether to use online mediation and deciding when to do it
- What sorts of situations should and shouldn’t be mediated online
- How online mediation differs from other approaches to resolving conflict
- How the 7-step face-to-face process translates into online mediation, illustrated with a video of a case
- Making the most of your existing mediation skills when working online
Mediating Online includes a combination of:
- A video of the whole of an online mediation case
- Lecture and live input by the trainer and discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"This was the first time I have done any training online, but it was really well managed and very beneficial. The manual and resources were helpful too." Paul James, Northampton Partnership Homesread more testimonials