Mediating by Phone
Learn how to carry out your mediation cases by telephone, see telephone mediation in action, and get to participate in this highly interactive half-day conversion course.
This practical conversion course for trained mediators gives the perfect introduction on how to conduct your interpersonal cases on the phone.
The course centres on a heated dispute between neighbours and shows you how to apply your mediation skills when the case is conducted by telephone. The skills, approach, and techniques shown all come from our own widely applicable model, and are equally valuable for workplace, neighbourhood, family relationship and complaints mediation.
The course includes:
- Phone-based Interpersonal Mediation: what it is and what it isn’t
- How the step-by-step model works on the phone
- The role of the telephone mediator: what’s different?
- Managing the session, the participants, and the outcome
- Managing confidentiality and impartiality in telephone mediation
At the conclusion of the ½ day, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast using telephone mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- Understand how to use your essential mediator skills and qualities to work effectively on the phone
- Know the steps and stages of the telephone-based shuttle mediation process
- Know when and how telephone mediation would be the best remedy for a dispute
- Appreciate how it feels to be in the telephone mediator role
- Choosing whether to use telephone mediation and deciding when to do it
- What sorts of situations should and shouldn’t be mediated by phone
- How telephone mediation differs from other approaches to resolving conflict
- How the 7-step face-to-face process translates into shuttle-based telephone mediation, illustrated with a recording of a case
- Making the most of your existing mediation skills when working on the phone
Mediating by Phone includes a combination of:
- A recording of the whole of a telephone mediation case
- Lecture and live input by the trainer and discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"This was the first time I have done any training online, but it was really well managed and very beneficial. The manual and resources were helpful too." Paul James, Northampton Partnership Homesread more testimonials