Interpersonal Mediation Essentials
Learn the principles of face-to-face mediation for interpersonal disputes, see mediation in action, and get to participate in this highly interactive one-day online course.
This practical course gives the perfect introduction to the principles and practice of using face-to-face mediation to resolve disputes between people. The course centres on a heated dispute between two work colleagues* and takes you through the skills and techniques of mediation: showing you how a real mediator would apply a stage-by-stage mediation process to resolving people’s disagreements.
The course includes:
- Interpersonal Mediation: what it is and what it isn’t
- Some underlying principles of mediation
- The role of the mediator
- How conflict develops and when and how a mediator might get involved
- Confidentiality and impartiality and other key building blocks: how they work in mediation
At the conclusion of the day, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast using mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- Understand the essential skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- Know the steps and stages of the mediation model
- Know when and how mediation would be the best remedy for a dispute
- Appreciate how it feels to be in the mediator role
- How conflict develops and at what stage you should consider using mediation
- What sorts of situations should be mediated*
- How mediation differs from other approaches to resolving conflict
- What happens at each stage of the mediation process, illustrated with video
- Key mediator skills at each stage and how a typical case proceeds in practice
- What it is like to be in the mediator’s shoes: mediating part of a case example
Interpersonal Mediation Essentials includes a combination of:
- Custom-made video clips from a range of simulated interpersonal disputes*
- Lecture and live input by the trainer and discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
Our mediation model has been written to apply equally to the widest range of disputes and provides a valuable toolkit to anyone who ever has to resolve conflict between other people.
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Excellent course supported by trainer knowledge and use of role plays." Dan Goulding, Floretteread more testimonials