The Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate
Train your delegates with our in-house mediation qualification.
Train your organisation’s delegates as mediators with the Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate (IMPC), the market-leading 40-hour professional mediation training course.
The IMPC qualifies you to be able to resolve all types of interpersonal conflict more positively, including bullying and harassment and grievance-type issues in the workplace, consumer disputes, family and neighbourhood fall-outs, all types of complaints, and business conflicts. Over 5,000 people have qualified with us in the last twenty years on this highly-regarded course, and 100% of our learners would recommend the course to others.
One reason for the popularity of the course is that all of our trainers are themselves practising mediators, who pass on their mediation skills through a number of exercises, lectures, group discussions, lively dispute simulations and real case studies. We emphasise learning-by-doing in order to build up your delegates’ competence and confidence as mediators.
We have worked with organisations all over the world, and our training sits on Ofqual’s Register of Regulated Qualifications, just like GCSEs, A Levels and Degrees. Become a mediator with us and you get a proper, externally accredited qualification, respected and recognised throughout the UK and beyond.
Just you looking to train as a mediator? Find out more about our open-access IMPC courses here, where individuals can attend and qualify as accredited mediators!
Or, if you were looking for an online version of the course for your learners, find out more about our blended six-day version of the IMPC here.
- Compare and contrast mediation with other forms of dispute resolution
- Identify the requisite skills and qualities of an effective mediator
- Understand how to apply mediation in your own setting
- Prepare for, set up, run, and conclude mediation sessions
- Achieve the six learning outcomes for the level four award of the Mediation Practitioner's Certificate
- The underlying principles of mediation
- The step-by-step mediation process, and tasks at each stage
- The role of the mediator compared to other professional roles
- Confidentiality and impartiality in mediation
- How to initiate, manage and conclude the mediation process
- The skills and knowledge required of mediators
- Encouraging people to participate in mediation
- How to ensure that mediation is safe, constructive, and effective
- Video of a simulated dispute, illustrating how people behave when they are in conflict
- Lecture and discussion
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
- HR Professionals
- People Managers and Team Leaders
- Welfare Officers
- Equality Officers
- Housing Workers
- Employment Solicitors
- Trainers and organisational consultants
- Trades Union Representatives
- Family workers and family group conferencing teams
We are pleased to be able to offer you a 10% discount if...
- Early bird discount - The course you are booking on is more than 90 days away
- Charity discount - You are representing a registered charity
- Three learner discount - You are booking three or more learners
Only one discount is allowed per booking.
At a glanceBook now
0800 772 0778
"Very good, I can't wait to get started! I will use the skills throughout the rest of my role at work." Jane Thrale, John Lewisread more testimonials