Mediation Skills for Homelessness Prevention
Resolve the disputes that could lead to a vulnerable individual becoming homeless
This course has been designed for organisations looking to prevent homelessness caused by breakdowns in family or tenancy relationships. The programme is especially popular with housing professionals with local authorities with responsibility for implementing the Homelessness Reduction Act 2017.
This course aims to train your group to resolve disputes between people at risk of homelessness and their family or landlord in a more structured way, using the proven step-by-step model employed by mediators.
On the course, you will learn:
- Key mediation skills: a selection of essential tools drawn from our 5-day qualification course
- The opportunities, benefits, and limitations of running facilitated conversations
- How to decide which sorts of disputes would be suitable for this approach
- Facilitating conversations involving those at risk of homelessness
- Building mediation skills into your professional role
At a glanceGet a quote
0800 772 0778
"The scenarios and examples were useful, there was a good balance of group work and discussion, and the trainer was clear, precise, and very informative." Pooja Kaur, Housing Coach,read more testimonials
We’ve been going for over 20 years! Discover more about UK Mediation, our accreditations, and our history.Find out more
Attend a free webinar
Register for our next webinar for your chance to find out more about mediation. Or browse our webinar back catalogue.Find out more