Already a trained mediator but want to top-up your skills and progress your practice?
Dust off your mediation skills, get a reminder of some key concepts in interpersonal mediation, and get your questions answered in this highly interactive one-day online refresher course.
Designed for people already trained in mediation, the course is run by one of our own expert mediators and includes:
- An in-depth revision of the interpersonal mediation model
- A chance to re-visit some key skills, including ‘re-framing’
- Live consultative support of cases that you have either completed or are working on
- Feedback, advice, and guidance on your own practice
- A look at how online mediation works and how you can provide it
Revision of the 7-stage mediation model
Revisit key skills of the mediator
Receive live consultative support
Why train online with UK Mediation?
For many years now, we’ve provided online courses to both individuals and organisations. We’ve honed our processes over that time, ensuring that we remain the leading providers of online mediation training.
ISO-9001 is the internationally-recognised standard for quality management. This means that, whatever service we’re providing, you can be sure it will be carried out in an efficient and quality-focused manner.
All of our trainers are practising mediators with many years of experience. They are also certified adult educators, meaning you’re in capable hands during your training!
We don’t wash our hands of you after your training. Not only do we have a dedicated support line, we also give you access to our exclusive IMPC Learner Zone, a hub of information and resources for qualified mediators.
This one-day online course gives you a lively reminder of what you learned in your mediation training, and re-boosts your confidence and competence as a practising mediator.
The day includes:
- Revision of the seven-step model: the purpose of each stage and the skills required
- Skills practice: a reminder of not just what we mediators do, but how we do it
- Optional discussion of learners’ live cases and critical events in cases they have completed
- Tutor feedback, advice, and guidance on best practice
- Use of our custom-made video clips: illustrating typical dispute scenarios and how professional mediators would take them on
- An overview and illustration of online mediation, using our custom-made video of an online case
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this one-day online course is to give you a refresher of your training and to send you away feeling confident and ready to take on your next cases.
At the conclusion of the day, you should be able to:
- Re-visit the staged model for interpersonal mediation: remembering the structure and function of each stage
- Feel confident in your use of key mediation skills
- Have some addition insights into cases you and others are working on
- Have a renewed awareness of some aspects of best practice and how to deal with mediation dilemmas
- Be able to set up and run an online mediation case
All of our online courses are live, interactive events, run by a practising mediator who is an expert in the field.
This course includes a combination of:
- Video clips of conflicts developing, and of the conflict being resolved by a mediator
- Lecture and live input by the trainer, as well as discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Discussion of learners’ and tutor’s case studies
The learning group is created as a Zoom meeting, in which we can use custom-made video material, carry out discussions, run small group exercises, and have some practice sessions.
At UK Mediation, we have looked long and hard at what we can deliver online and what needs to be taught face-to-face. While some of our accredited mediator programmes have to be delivered in person, we believe this course can achieve its aims and objectives with a carefully delivered online approach. Plus, we know what we’re doing – we lead the way in virtual training delivery! We are an externally-accredited training provider and the only holders of the ISO 9001 quality standard in the mediation world. Our trainers have devised this course and refined it over the years to be a lively, interactive event, and feedback from previous learners include comments on it being ‘engaging’, ‘highly relevant’, and ‘a great confidence booster’.
For an introductory course, we would recommend our Interpersonal Mediation Essentials as an excellent overview of interpersonal mediation, rather than this course which is more suited to people who are already trained.
The standard price for the course is £345 + VAT.
You can either pay the full amount now, or pay a 25% deposit to secure your place. We would then ask you to settle the balance six weeks before the course.
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount for any one of the following reasons:
Your course fee includes all of the following:
“Excellent course supported by trainer knowledge and use of role plays.”Dan Goulding, HR Managerread more testimonials