Learn how to carry out your mediation cases online, see online mediation in action, and get to participate in this highly interactive half-day conversion course.
This practical conversion course for trained mediators gives the perfect introduction to how to take your interpersonal cases online.
The course centres on a heated dispute between two work colleagues and shows you how to apply your mediation skills when the case is conducted online using video conferencing.
The course includes:
- Online Interpersonal Mediation: what it is and what it isn’t
- How the step-by-step mediation model works online
- The role of the online mediator: what’s different from doing it face-to-face?
- Managing the session, the participants, and the outcome
- Managing confidentiality and impartiality in online mediation
Learn how to take your practice online
Understand how the process differs
Manage confidentiality and impartiality
Why train online with UK Mediation?
For many years now, we’ve provided online courses to both individuals and organisations. We’ve honed our processes over that time, ensuring that we remain the leading providers of online mediation training.
ISO-9001 is the internationally-recognised standard for quality management. This means that, whatever service we’re providing, you can be sure it will be carried out in an efficient and quality-focused manner.
All of our trainers are practising mediators with many years of experience. They are also certified adult educators, meaning you’re in capable hands during your training!
We don’t wash our hands of you after your training. Not only do we have a dedicated support line, we also give you access to our exclusive IMPC Learner Zone, a hub of information and resources for qualified mediators.
This ½-day online conversion course shows you everything you need to know to take your existing practice online, including:
- Choosing whether to use online mediation and deciding when to do it
- What sorts of situations should and shouldn’t be mediated online
- How online mediation differs from other approaches to resolving conflict
- How the 7-step face-to-face process translates into online mediation, illustrated with a video of a case
- Making the most of your existing mediation skills when working online
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this ½-day online course is to show you how online mediation works in practice, and how it can be successfully applied to an interpersonal dispute.
We use a workplace dispute as an example, but the same skills and model apply equally to neighbourhood disputes, family conflict, and complaints scenarios.
At the conclusion of the session, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast using online mediation skills with other forms of dispute resolution
- Understand how to use your essential mediator skills and qualities to work effectively online
- Know the steps and stages of the online mediation process
- Know when and how online mediation would be the best remedy for a dispute
- Appreciate how it feels to be in the online mediator role
All of our online courses are live, interactive events, run by a practising mediator who is an expert in the field.
This course includes a combination of:
- A video of the whole of an online mediation case
- Lecture and live input by the trainer, as well as discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
The learning group is created as a Zoom meeting, in which we can use custom-made video material, carry out discussions, and run small group exercises.
Our trainers have a wealth of practical experience in mediating and training and are able to adapt the course content to the make-up of the particular learning group. Mediating Online is ideal for workplace, neighbourhood, family relationship, and complaints mediators.
Yes, it works really well, and feedback from people attending this course is consistently excellent. At UK Mediation, we have looked long and hard at what we can deliver online and what needs to be taught face-to-face. While some of our accredited mediator programmes have to be delivered in person, we believe this course can achieve its aims and objectives with a carefully delivered online approach. Plus, we know what we’re doing – we lead the way in virtual training delivery! We are an externally-accredited training provider and the only holders of the ISO 9001 quality standard in the mediation world. Our trainers have devised this course and refined it over the years to be a lively, interactive event, and feedback from previous learners include comments on it being ‘engaging’, ‘highly relevant’, and ‘a great confidence booster’.
No, this is a conversion course for people already trained as mediators. If you want to learn the basics of online mediation from scratch, we suggest our one-day Online Mediation Essentials. If you are just setting out and want to learn about mediation in general, try our two-day Mediation Skills for Facilitated Conversations. Or, if you want to become a qualified mediator, you will need to attend one of our Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate courses, either at a 5-day live event (subject to COVID-19 restrictions) or in our blended 2 X 3-day modular programme..
The standard price for the course is £225 + VAT.
You can either pay the full amount now, or pay a 25% deposit to secure your place. We would then ask you to settle the balance six weeks before the course.
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount for any one of the following reasons:
Your course fee includes all of the following:
“A very useful training course for online mediation!”Jackie McKenna, Mediatorread more testimonials