Mediation Skills for Facilitated Conversations
Train online in facilitating conversations that bring early and informal resolution to interpersonal disputes.
This highly practical two-day online course builds your confidence and competence in using some
key mediation skills to facilitate conversations between people who are in dispute.
Based around real case scenarios, the course provides everything you need to be able to set up, run, and
conclude informal resolution meetings: face-to-face or online.
You will learn:
- Key mediation skills: a selection of essential tools drawn from our 5-day qualification course
- The opportunities, benefits, and limitations of running facilitated conversations
- How to decide which sorts of disputes would be suitable for this approach
- Building mediation skills into your professional role
Learn how to facilitate conversations
Gain key mediation tools and skills
Build mediation skills into your professional role
Why train online with UK Mediation?
For many years now, we’ve provided online courses to both individuals and organisations. We’ve honed our processes over that time, ensuring that we remain the leading providers of online mediation training.
ISO-9001 is the internationally-recognised standard for quality management. This means that, whatever service we’re providing, you can be sure it will be carried out in an efficient and quality-focused manner.
All of our trainers are practising mediators with many years of experience. They are also certified adult educators, meaning you’re in capable hands during your training!
We don’t wash our hands of you after your training. Not only do we have a dedicated support line, we also give you access to our exclusive Skills Support Area, a hub of information and resources for qualified mediators.
This two-day course covers everything you need to be able to facilitate productive conversations between people who have come into conflict, including:
- Some key mediation principles and skills
- Applying mediation skills in a step-by-step process
- Confidentiality and impartiality when working face-to-face or online
- How to set up and manage a facilitated conversation
- How to get a good resolution without directing or imposing
- How to ensure that your facilitated conversations are safe and effective
Our trainers have a wealth of practical experience in mediating and facilitating conversations and are able to adapt the course content to the make-up of the particular learning group.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of the two-day course is to get you to the point of being confident and competent to facilitate resolution conversations between people in dispute.
At the conclusion of the two days, you should be able to:
- Compare and contrast using mediation skills with other forms of dispute resolution
- Understand the essential skills and qualities of an effective dispute resolver
- Know when and how to apply mediation skills to a facilitated conversation
- Set up, facilitate, and conclude either face-to-face or online resolution meetings
All of our online courses are live, interactive events, run by a practising mediator who is an expert in the field.
This course includes a combination of:
- Custom-made videos of a range of simulated disputes
- Lecture and live input by the trainer, as well as discussion among delegates
- Group exercises
- Small-group activities
- Practice sessions with simulated case material
- Real-life case studies
The learning group is created as a Zoom meeting, in which we can use custom-made video material, carry out discussions, run small group exercises, and have some practice sessions.
At UK Mediation, we have looked long and hard at what we can deliver online and what needs to be taught face-to-face. While some of our accredited mediator programmes have to be delivered in person, we believe this course can achieve its aims and objectives with a carefully delivered online approach. Plus, we know what we’re doing – we lead the way in virtual training delivery! We are an externally-accredited training provider and the only holders of the ISO 9001 quality standard in the mediation world. Our trainers have devised this course and refined it over the years to be a lively, interactive event, and feedback from previous learners include comments on it being ‘engaging’, ‘highly relevant’, and ‘a great confidence booster’.
No, we are careful to distinguish this course from our accredited mediator programmes. What we say is that Mediation Skills for Facilitated Conversations shows you how to facilitate resolution meetings with people in dispute, but you won’t be a Mediator. To gain Mediator accreditation, you need to attend one of our Interpersonal Mediation Practitioner’s Certificate courses, either at a 5-day live event (subject to COVID-19 restrictions) or in our blended 2 X 3-day modular programme.
The standard price for the course is £545 + VAT.
You can either pay the full amount now, or pay a 25% deposit to secure your place. We would then ask you to settle the balance six weeks before the course.
We are pleased to offer a 10% discount for any one of the following reasons:
Your course fee includes all of the following:
“Everything was clearly explained and presented. Very enjoyable!”Mel Priestley, HR Managerread more testimonials
BMW (UK) Ltd