The Conflict Resolution Pathway
Our Conflict Resolution Pathway supports your organisation in the early and informal resolution of interpersonal conflict.
All work environments will experience interpersonal disputes from time to time, and employers need processes to address such conflict effectively and consistently. Conventionally, this has meant having a grievance process to raise and investigate complaints that employees may make about one another.
UK Mediation’s Conflict Resolution Pathway is based on our 22 years’ experience of leading the way in the use of mediation and dialogue-building as a way to resolve interpersonal conflict.
It aims to:
- Provide a mechanism for the early and informal resolution of interpersonal conflict
- Identify when and how leaders and managers can support and empower staff in conflict resolution
- Support a cultural change away from conflict resolution being a win/lose, blame-focussed process
Early and informal conflict resolution
Request a copy of our Conflict Resolution Pathway!
Why adopt our Conflict Resolution Pathway?
UK Mediation CEO, Dr Mike Talbot, introduces our Conflict Resolution Pathway…
The Conflict Resolution Pathway has been tried, tested, and refined in NHS Trusts, private sector organisations, universities, government bodies, and EU institutions.
It provides a route map for those involved in conflict, or for those supporting individuals in dispute.
Conflicts could include:
- Allegations of low-level bullying and harassment
- Perceptions of unfair or unreasonable treatment by another
- Breakdowns in communication
- Situations where interpersonal trust and confidence have eroded
- Classic personality clashes
…and its triage ensure that the employer can, if necessary, apply more formal remedies in cases of:
- Allegations of serious misconduct
- Suspicion of criminal acts
- Serious concerns around Health and Safety
- Allegations of more harmful workplace bullying, harassment, or discrimination
- Contractual issues requiring adjudication or legal input
“UK Mediation has provided mediation services and training as part of the Council’s approach to resolving workplace conflict. This has been very successful and I would recommend them to other organisations wanting to do the same.”Karen Childs, HR Service Managerread more testimonials
Bassetlaw District Council